Welcome to our blog! By our blog, I mean Gina's blog. Gina being me. Gina would like to welcome you to Gina's blog. Oh hell, you know what I mean.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines and Birthdays

For our annual February birthday/valentines day dinner we went to Wild Grape Bistro here in beautiful Salt Lake City. It was a beautiful day and we had an amazing dinner. For starters, we had Beef Carpacio with mixed greens and truffle on top. Brandon got Bison over Lobster Risotto and apple wood smoked baby root veggies. (seriously, the best thing I have ever put in my mouth. Not the Bison, the risotto. The bison was a little gamey for me!) I ordered an apple wood smoked pork chop over whipped potatoes and smoked brussel sprouts(omg seriously didn't know that they could be so freaking good!). The thing I liked most about this place, besides the ambiance and delicious food, was that they buy everything local and mostly organic. I admire restaurants that help out our communities in this way. I just had to blog about it! In the summer Brandon and I used go to our local farmer's market and buy stuff for dinner for the week. I hope we can find something here like that this year.

With School, it feels like we hardly get any alone time. This date was well needed,
Thank you Thank you Thank you to Brandon's Mom and Dad for tending the kids yet again!

1 comment:

Emma said...

Thanksgiving Point usually has a pretty good Farmers Market in the summer. And I am sure there are a few up in SLC too!

In memory of my DD

In memory of my DD
My champion, my heart, and the woman I hope to be like one day.That sexy broad = My Aunt Donna