So we have a bug that has made its rounds from Brogan, to Lillian, to me, and back to Brogan. Who knew you were supposed to disinfect your house in between bouts?! Evidently everyone and their mother except for me. Last night was the epitome of puking h-e-l-l in my house. I hate to use such a strong word, but I'm afraid a lesser word wouldn't do it justice. Brandon was in charge of Little B and I had my mini and I felt so bad for both of them. I couldn't sleep because I kept sneaking into the rooms they were sleeping in checking that they weren't puking in their sleep. My poor husband, it was his birthday and he comes home to lethargic and vomiting children. Surprisingly, I didn't have a breakdown under the pressure, and we banded together. Both kids went to bed by like 7 and we spent the night hanging out until 11, and that was when the fun started, dontchaknow(I sound like Katie Bahr lol).
I went into Lil's room and she had puked presumably in her sleep. It was in her hair and all over her blanket and pillow and stuffed puffin. It was bad, and my angel was sleeping so soundly. So I woke her up while Bran cleaned the bed and I cleaned her..but she threw up about 4 times in the next two hours. Which brings me to this point: you know you are a mom when you've had puke running down your arms and back, out of pure exhaustion figuring that it's easier to change clothes then to clean up a rug.
Another "you know your a mom when" courtesy of your favorite gross out comedian Moi (that's me in french. I am a woman of many languages and dialects). Are you ready for it? You know your a mom when you see a toilet or running water and your bladder becomes like Pavlov's Dog. Thought of that one last night in my feverish state. And that's all I have to say bout that.
Off to UT in a few days if we could get better. Long car ride, but worth it. We miss our family and the birthplace of our romance. and we get to go on a date! ow owww!
2 comments:
I'm sorry you guys have all been sick, so have we. It seems like sickness is running rampant around the country. We love you guys.
OH Gina -I totally feel for you! And I laugh at the comment on: which was better puke on you or on the rug -I totally would have had puke on me too rather than having to scrub a rug... lol -but seriously what a nightmare. I hope you guys are doing better -and that today you might enjoy your birthday -since you couldn't enjoy Brandons.
Post a Comment