Welcome to our blog! By our blog, I mean Gina's blog. Gina being me. Gina would like to welcome you to Gina's blog. Oh hell, you know what I mean.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Baby.

My sweet little girl is turning three this Sunday, and I could hardly believe it. It seems like yesterday I was trying..and trying..and trying..to induce labor. I'm not sure how I did it but Lillian has become this amazing girl-child. She is super inquisitive and smart, but also sensitive and very sassy. I never thought I would be able to have this good of a relationship with my own daughter. I am so lucky to have her. In the middle of the night sometimes she wakes up for chocolate milk..and while some Moms I know would spank their child if they did that, I actually look forward to seeing her. Crazy, I know, but I love that few minutes with her when the house is quiet and she's so cute. Yes, she is a teenager in a 3 year old body, but she reminds me of me so much...I can't get upset with her!!

It's funny, Brandon helped my heart heal, Brogan helped it grow..and Lily melts it every single day.

Recently I had my IUD taken out, and Lily came with me to the midwife. I'm all about natural birthing these days and didn't think twice about taking her with me. I figured she wouldn't notice or she would and I would answer the question and that would be that. Well, when I was on the exam table she finally looked up and was like "Mom?!" and I told her to come by my shoulders and hold my hand. The midwife said, "I'm opening up the baby door" and Lily said, "that's good. Because I'm not a baby anymore!"

...and she's not. and I can't believe it!
Happy Birthday my dear sweet girl.

1 comment:

The Bahrs said...

that is a really sweet post. i loved the part about how brandon healed, brogan grew and lily melted. super sweet.

In memory of my DD

In memory of my DD
My champion, my heart, and the woman I hope to be like one day.That sexy broad = My Aunt Donna