The day before I left for Orlando I found out my old neighbor in Saratoga Springs died and it hit me hard. She was a wonderful person and we used to sit outside and talk when the weather was nice. I wish I could pay tribute to her but the best thing I think I could do would be to learn from her. She died very suddenly, leaving behind four children. The baby in her belly passed away a few days later. It made me start thinking about my own mortality and where my life is and where I want it to be. I started thinking about what it would be like for Brandon and how we always fight over stupid things and it's not worth it. I've been trying to be kinder to him and do little things so he knows how much I love him. I've been trying to be more patient with the children and spend a little alone time with both of them every day. If anything ever happened to me, all I would like to leave to my family would be that I lived for them. I love them unconditionally, and although I don't believe in heaven or anything, if I'm wrong..I'll be waiting for them!
Brandon is one class away from finishing his MBA. Because he has to wait for the classes he needs to be offered online at NNU, we're not sure exactly when his last class will be but man, I'm so proud of him. I hear a lot of people in MBA programs who lock themselves in a room and study, but Brandon never does that. In fact, he does most of it when I'm not around. He never has to study or anything, I wish I were more like him!
My classes start in the beginning of June. Human Bio (eek!) and a computer class online. In the fall I have Intro to Mass Comm and Meteorology online and statistics in the classroom. My first semester taking three classes...I'm nervous but excited to get the ball rolling. Can I just say, I've taken 10 classes and in two of them I had b+ and the rest are A's? Yeah -- I'm kickin' ass and taking names.
We went to the Kindergarten Orientation at the charter school I was going to send B to, but I found out because of budget cuts, it would be 5 days a week at 2.4 hours a day. Basically, like a three+ year of preschool. Brandon and I talked it over, and we decided to keep him in our neighborhood school so he could have full day kindergarten. He's ready. Actually, I believe he's ready for first grade lol but Kindergarten will have to do. This actually opens up preschool options for Lillian as well. She is so ready for Pre-k!
I'll tell you something we are all really ready for -- Summer!! Can't wait for our first summer in the city..last year we moved in at the end of July I think, but didn't do too much. Farmer's Markets, Movies at the capitol, seven peaks, playdates, the zoo, and cute little outfits for our date nights..It's going to be so fun! Unless I get pregnant. Then scratch all of that because I'll be puking and my friends and inlaws will have the kids. Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment