Welcome to our blog! By our blog, I mean Gina's blog. Gina being me. Gina would like to welcome you to Gina's blog. Oh hell, you know what I mean.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Hip Hop and Pink Eye (and everything in between)

This week has been a fun one with the kids' cousins in town. We've visited with them nearly every day, we had a few birthdays and we went to planet play! I finished my one class and am almost done with the other. An A and a B+..Good enough for the girls I date (Brandon's favorite thing to say LOL)!

On Wednesday Brogan had his first all boys Hip Hop class. He loved it! He reminded me of....me(?)when I'm at step class. While he is having fun and keeping the beat, he has a hard time with the steps. He still gives it a go! It was so cute to watch him dance like the little Puerto Rican he is. We're going to keep going for the rest of the month and if he wants to stick with it we'll leave him in for the entire year. If we do, Lily and Brogan will be in the same recitals. Fun!


Afterward, we celebrated the birthdays of 3 cousins, and the kids had a fun time on the inflatable water slide. I ate 4 peanut butter bars and almost threw up on the way home. Fun times were had by all.


Wednesday night, I washed my face, and my eye started throbbing. Like something was in it. By Thursday it was bloodshot. Now, me, being...me(?) I thought nothing of it because I always have one eye issue or another. We went to planet play that night and had a BLAST that place is AWESOME!

I came home and couldn't open my eye all the way. My other eye started getting pink, and I had the sinking feeling that it was pink eye. By the morning, my eye was swollen shut with gunk and all sorts of crusty crusts. So far, I'm the only one who has it..that I know of. To the people of planet play, where ever you are, I am sorry!

My nephew's baptism is tomorrow, and we leave for NY on Wednesday. Is it me, or do ailments have a sneaky way of showing up at the least incontinent(UPDATE: After proofreading this a day later I decided that I meant inconvienant! I can hold my bowels!!)times?! I swear if I spread it to anyone in my family I'm going to cry. Or at least cry on the inside because it may be impossible with all the drainage going on in my eyes right now. :/

No comments:

In memory of my DD

In memory of my DD
My champion, my heart, and the woman I hope to be like one day.That sexy broad = My Aunt Donna