Welcome to our blog! By our blog, I mean Gina's blog. Gina being me. Gina would like to welcome you to Gina's blog. Oh hell, you know what I mean.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

NEW YORK!

So everyone pretty much knows I'm from NY, right? Well I am, I hail from Long Island. I haven't been home for almost 5 years, when Brogan was a baby and my Nanny was in the hospital right before she died. For years I have wanted so badly to go back home but tickets are expensive, not to mention the hotels and transportation and food. Well, recently I've begun to feel really out of sorts. I feel so..different than people from Utah. I know I'm pretty unique (nice word for weird) but here in Utah I feel like an alien life form. I look different, I speak different, I dress different, and I'm a free thinker. All of these combined makes for one very different kind of girl.

Lately I've been dealing with not so nice people, and I couldn't understand why they are so rude to me. Then it hit me. I'm different, and it scares people. I'm a lot to handle. I get it. But it NY, I reasoned, I'm not thatdifferent. I know this sounds crazy, but I want so badly not to be that different right now. I need to be around people who understand me, who don't judge me by the clothes I wear or my life choices or my political or religious point of views. I can't wait to be around people who know me since I was a baby and know my heart and love me for me. And I just want to..be. (whoa that sounded pretty stoner huh?)

Combine that with the fact that many of my friends and family have never met Brogan or Lily and I knew it was time to go. Brandon and I talked a lot about it, and since we had Ike, and Brogan starts school a week later, and tickets are really expensive, we decided that Lily and I would go this time. I wish more than anything Brandon could go though, and Brogan, I would like them to see where I am from, meet my family, and get to know my history a little bit, for a change.

I can't wait to step foot on NY...concrete. I can't wait to show Lillian off to my family and friends, and get a good slice of pizza, a good cup of coffee, and a good bagel with lox. I am so excited to get back to my roots.

No comments:

In memory of my DD

In memory of my DD
My champion, my heart, and the woman I hope to be like one day.That sexy broad = My Aunt Donna