A few weeks ago, I was joking with my sister about pregnancy cravings. The next day, my mother called me crying. There was something wrong with the baby. My sister called me and I knew she needed me. After another appointment confirming what the last doctor said I jumped on a plane with the boys to be with my sissy. We went the geneticist and got a third and fourth opinion. The little one had Alobar holoprosencephaly which means he had more fluid than brain. He also had many physical problems and deformities that would make living outside of the womb impossible. I had to watch my sister, at 19, make the choice no woman should have to make. She is the strongest woman I know. After two days in labor, my sister delivered sweet baby Noah (15 weeks). I was so glad to be there. She needed her big sister and I got to hold that baby and Indian call him home (Jakubowski thing). I sang to him. I told him he was loved. It was the most heartbreaking thing I have ever gone through. My heart broke for my sister and her boyfriend, on many levels: her first birth, her first baby. And for Sweet Noah. I won't ever forget him.

1 comment:
heart breaking... so heart breaking.
Post a Comment