So Brogan got into a charter down in Utah County for kids with Asperger's. Which means, we are moving down that way! Things have been good with K-12 but after seeing how fabulous things could be when he was up at KidStar, I'm looking forward to having him in a place that's perfect for him again. Perfect, and long term- so even better :)
We are moving this summer. We are leaving my beloved SLC. For years I didn't feel home, from the time I left Long Island until we lived in SLC. Finally, I feel that, and I hope I can have that feeling down there too. I know home is where your family is, we just created such a great life up here. BUT I'm super excited to be close to my Best Friend Katie, and to our sisters. It will be nice to be close to Grandmas and Grandpa too. There is a place in AF that teaches code, which I'm stoked about for Brogan and Lily will start taking piano lessons from Aunt Shanny. She's SO excited. She starts a charter school as well so that'll be fun. I already found a coffee drinker's group there and attachment parenting mamas, it will be fun to make new friends.
I keep reminding myself all of this and what a once in a lifetime chance it is for Brogan. I still cry sometimes when I'm driving around downtown or through Marmalade, or past Liberty. I'm such a softee. But in my heart of hearts I really am a little excited for this new adventure. We move in a few months. Will we ever live up here again? I don't see how. The chances of B getting into the NSL campus are slim to none, and who knows if we would want to do a major change again. To be honest, at this point in our lives, I'm ready to settle down somewhere and plant some roots, wherever we may be. Have our kids play with other kids and run around the neighborhood barefoot in the summer and begging to have friends eat over. Isn't that what childhood's all about? I think I can give them that and more down there as long as I could be happy too.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment