So on friday we took Lillian and Brogan in for thier 2 month and 2 year, respectively. The doctor's office is kind of far away, but nicer than the offices that are here in town so i drive the 40 minutes. The good doctors here in Nampa are so booked they aren't accepting new patients (we have a lot of mexicans here so the wait times are pretty long. All of my doctors are in either meridian or eagle. we have such good insurance, why not?). Brandon met me there, so the visit was off to a really good start. Then I had issues with Brogan's chart, which i requested from two different doctor's offices. Dr. Humphrey's office is really new so i have to be forgiving with clerical errors. At least that is what I tell myself! I like her alot, too. She's pretty young and thats probably the first thing i look for in a doctor(ageism rears its ugly head).
First things first. Brogan got 5 vaccinations and Lil got 3. Now, if you know Brogan, you know that he fought tooth and nail. I was sad and proud at the same time. Hes my little tough cookie! Lillian wieghs 11 lbs 8 oz and shes in the 50th percintile. She is in the 75th for height! Brogan wieghs 26 lbs as usual. He is in the 60th for height and 25th for weight. That boy just has my metabolism! (seriously, he poops once or twice a day normally!)
We were there for two hours, and by the end we were all ready to go home. Brandon and I had an 80's themed party to get to, and the kids were just onry. We had to wait while they got the chart from the other office, and I had many questions. After the vaccinations, the nurses left the room and we were fixing to leave, when Brandon said:
"Hey what does he have?"
"OH MY GOSH!"
[Brogan screams]
"GINA!"
"HE HAS A FREKING SYRINGE!"
The stupid, careless nurses must have dropped one on the way out. Brogan pricked himself with it in his thumb. I yelled for the nurses and they washed his hands. They didnt act like it was a huge deal but then again they didnt want to be sued. At the time we didnt know he poked himself, but he kept crying and touching it on the way to the car and we noticed it getting red.
I really like this doctor, and I want to go back there, but I feel like she needs to know about how careless her nurses were. I dont want to burn any bridges but it could have been so much worse and my poor kid was in pain. I waited till today incase i want to call becuase i didnt want to curse them out or be mean - which i tend to do. Especially when it comes to my kids! I'm just a lion protecting her cubs.
what should I do?
3 comments:
no way! you need to talk to the dr gina! and pronto. she definately needs to know what is going on. especially if you like her. think of it as your present to her... if you don't tell her, and stupid mistakes keep getting made, then she might get put out of practice.
Holy Hannah! You for SURE need to bring that to the doctors attention. That could have had a very bad outcome! I am proud of you for wanting to keep a level head about the situation, but this is one time when you can let the New Yorker out!
Besides the expected "Holy Bleeeeep!' Was it Brogan's shot that they left or was it a random one that he found? Was it Lillian's? I agree with the 2 other posts. The sooner the better and you need to describe as best as possible the nurse that did it. That doc is the one that will be sued the big dough and it would be the nurses fault. The doc would want to know that the nurse is a liability. If it's someone else's syringe they are all in a world of hurt!!! Poor Brog and family.
Post a Comment