Welcome to our blog! By our blog, I mean Gina's blog. Gina being me. Gina would like to welcome you to Gina's blog. Oh hell, you know what I mean.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Jon and Kate Plus 8 and other randomness

Ok so Its been a little while since I've written something to random on our blog. (about time -- huh?)

I was such a fan of Jon and Kate Plus Eight. Her shrew-y voice and thier nitpicking was oddlt comforting. So the other day I googled them, and a bunch of sites came up about how they have a personal chef, how much their new house cost, and what Kate is like off camera. I really didn't believe it until I saw a video from "Aunt Jodi" who was on the show but is no longer a part of the family's life. She was talking about what Kate is really like (no surprise there).

Over the last two seasons I've seen Kate transform into this monster who seems pretty greedy. She verbally abuses Jon and is so OCD and hard on her kids. I feel so bad for them. And then I read an article about whether they are violating child labor laws. And I believe, the short answer is, yes. I really feel like they made their money and have enough freebies to last them the rest of their life. They should call it a day, don't you think?

I only have two children, but I know past a certain hour they are just DONE. I feel bad for them now. Did you know they do speaking engagements and are gone fairly often? That's just the tip of the iceburg. I figure if only 25% of the stuff I am reading about them is true, well that's enough for me! I just feel like they are being exploited. Poor kids..

OK I'm done with my rant!

In other news, about my own family...Hmm..I canceled my Y membership.(reasons: 100 bucks a month, crowded, not enough classes, not enough room for ball exercises.)I now go to a place for woman that is ran by the Idaho Athletic club, and I LOVE IT! It is 30 bucks a month, and there are classes all day that are never full. It's a huge woman only place with state of the art equipment, and child care. I've gone to the Kick Boxing class so far and had a blast. I swear, working out suits me and I'm a way better mom when I do.

Brandon starts school again in a few days and he'll be gone twice a week. It kinda sucks because I'm spoiled and like how he comes home every day at 5 but I'll live with it lol. He'll be all done in December and then its my turn! We're also buying a minivan and have shopped around so much. We really like the Toyota Sienna and the Town and Country.

Lily is gaining weight like a sumo, thank goodness. She is still skinny but has a little chub at least. She has 6 teeth and is walking a little bit. She can walk across a room and that's about it. Its winter here and we run around town a lot so I keep her feet in socks and shoes and I honestly think if she were barefoot she'd walk more. But to tell you the truth, she is my last baby -ever,ever,ever-so I would like her to stay that way!

Brogan..well, he's almost 3! A couple of weeks! We're doing a birthday party which is exciting for us.LOL. He's talking so much, and well just as cute as ever. He has so many friends! A couple of weeks ago we went to a local Christian church here in town that my friend Beth's husband works at, and by the time we left, he was sad because where were his "new friends?" My NBF (nampa best friend lol) Courtney's twin girls are so cute with him. They are 2 and so different, and Brogan has taken such a liking to Carmen. He gets shy around her and just watches her in awe. It is so cute! She's a firecracker, that one.

Well, that's about it. I'll probably post pics from Brogan's party in a few months! Be well :-)

No comments:

In memory of my DD

In memory of my DD
My champion, my heart, and the woman I hope to be like one day.That sexy broad = My Aunt Donna