Welcome to our blog! By our blog, I mean Gina's blog. Gina being me. Gina would like to welcome you to Gina's blog. Oh hell, you know what I mean.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Family Update

I hate those kind of blogs where people just brag about how great their lives are when you know that in real life it aint a bowl of peaches.

I'm pretty much a self hater because I tend to do this very thing when I'm happy :) No-- our life isn't perfect. I'm not perfect, Brandon isn't. But it's such a good life. Even when I'm screaming about Lily playing in the rice cooker or my insane amount of laundry-- at the end of the day, It's a good life.

Our kids, on the other hand, are perfect. They are a little wild, say gross things, tend to embarrass us in public, make insane messes--but they are perfect. I realized this last night when they were putting the heat up to 84 degrees and giggling. Kids'll be kids!

I cannot believe my baby will be 2 in less than a week. She is so smart and lively. She's s funny and vivacious. She loves princesses, shoes, and her bubba. She talks a mile a minute. Brogan is currently into Wii, and spends hours creating new people and giving them gross names. He is so much fun to hang out with. He loves his playdates with new friends and cousins. Last week the kids and I met some friends at the Children's Museum. It was so much fun! He loves to learn. He has this sponge for a mind. He's doing great in Pre K, he has learned to write his name and we are beginning to teach him to read. He's only 3 so he has a full year of Pre K ahead of him! I think that these ages are my favorite by far.

Brandon loves his job here in SLC. He loves the city and all it has to offer. He rushes home every night so I can go to school. I'm taking math and english and I love it! I forgot how smart I am. I really enjoy my classes but I hate missing the family time, so this summer I'm going to take the kids to the on campus childcare during the day. I just miss the time when Brandon gets home and we have family dinner and play with the kids until that special time comes when they fall asleep!

I can't wait until our favorite month -- February! Our Birthdays and Valentines day, and a family trip down to St.George. It will be our first road trip in our new minivan!

3 comments:

The Bahrs said...

Cant wait to see you on Sunday! :)

Tahnee said...

I totally agree about people posting as if life is so perfect all the time. BLAH!

loriallen said...

That sounds super sweet babe! You are smart:) Doesn't it feel nice to be? I love your description of your kids, so true, so true.

In memory of my DD

In memory of my DD
My champion, my heart, and the woman I hope to be like one day.That sexy broad = My Aunt Donna