Man, I have a four year old and a two year old! Brogan's birthday was March 28 and we had a fun little family party and went bowling with some friends. The last few months have been a whirlwind but basically the kids are growing like weeds. It seems like no matter what is going on in life, one thing is certain: my kids are going to grow, laugh, play, love. I love children because they have the capacity to do these simple things. Now Lillian is definitely at the terrible two phase. That child tests me! But what a little personality, such a sunshine in my life. She's been going around telling people - random strangers- that she's going to have a baby brother. She saw this on Barney, and honestly thinks if she believes it she'll get a new baby. She's too funny- and she really keeps me on my toes! She reminds me a lot of myself. So does little B- but he has sure calmed down lately. He still throws fits here and there and has that hot blooded Puerto Rican temper, but he is just so much fun. The three of us really got to know each other more than ever, with Brandon on his trip. Plus, our neighbor cut our internet and tv mowing the grass (love you amy!)which has actually been such a blessing. I mean, I'm glad to have it back on, but for almost a week it was all us, all the time, no distractions. I went to bed early, and have been cleaning like a mad woman. I've been also doing a lot of reading.
Mother's day was wonderful, although I sure wish Bran was here to share it with me. The kids and I went to the zoo; I pulled them in our wagon and we had a blast. They were perfectly behaved, the weather was perfect, and I know it's a memory that I will cherish forever.
I'm still in school, doing internet courses, Sociology and American Government, both of which are very interesting to me. I'm glad to get the brake from going to class, and it frees me up to play more.
I'm going to end this blog entry with a song that I've listened to a million times but has been in my heart for a while now. :) me..country..I know, I know.
Remember When by Alan Jackson
Remember when I was young and so were you
and time stood still and love was all we knew
You were the first, so was I
We made love and then you cried
Remember when
Remember when we vowed the vows
and walked the walk
Gave our hearts, made the start, it was hard
We lived and learned, life threw curves
There was joy, there was hurt
Remember when
Remember when old ones died and new were born
And life was changed, disassembled, rearranged
We came together, fell apart
And broke each other's hearts
Remember when
Remember when the sound of little feet
was the music
We danced to week to week
Brought back the love, we found trust
Vowed we'd never give it up
Remember when
Remember when thirty seemed so old
Now lookn' back it's just a steppin' stone
To where we are,
Where we've been
Said we'd do it all again
Remember when
Remember when we said when we turned gray
When the children grow up and move away
We won't be sad, we'll be glad
For all the life we've had
And we'll remember when
No comments:
Post a Comment