Welcome to our blog! By our blog, I mean Gina's blog. Gina being me. Gina would like to welcome you to Gina's blog. Oh hell, you know what I mean.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

God is Good!

If he's up there, yeah, I'm pretty sure he's looking out for us. As many of you know Brandon's out of town and it's been a rough month without him. Well, to top things off, our city has had to boil all of our tap water over the weekend. For weeks, everyone I know has gotten the stomach flu, and not just any stomach flu, but coming out of both ends, high fever, shivers, can't get out of bed for two days - flu. Everyone I've talked to said it was the worst bug they ever caught, ever. Today I got to talk to a ton of people,and mostly everyone in our neighborhood got it. Turns out, it wasn't a bug but some type of e-coli type thing.. a less harmful version. In talking to these people, I realized they did the same as me, drank the tap, prepared food with the tap, bathed in the tap. My kids and I DID NOT get it! I think God is all, "That Gina has enough crap going on, lets not make her crap s'more!" or something to that effect. I thank my lucky stars we never got it. My kids..The kids have been amazing lately, it almost brings me to tears to think about- I'm so grateful for my children.

My soul mate and the love of my life will be home this Saturday, and I cannot wait to run up to him, wrap my arms around him and bury my face in his neck and smell him. Yes, weird, but my favorite thing in the world. I want to put my hand in his, fingers in between fingers- perfect. It's like we are puzzle pieces that just fit. I miss him terribly.

In other news, I need to share with you how cute my father in law is. My MIL is out of town and we went over to visit (annoy) him after dinner today. I walk in, and I'm like, is something burning?! and he's all, no...as he opens a window. Really? because it stinks! It was BAD. He couldn't smell it so he didn't understand how I knew, but turns out the poor man was just trying to feed himself while his wife was away. So another reason why God is good: nobody and nothing, except the burger, was harmed in his attempt to cook. Hurry back Wendy, or he may just try this again!

1 comment:

The Bahrs said...

haha! thats adorable! I just heard about the boiling water thing and was nervous for you and your babes. I was going to call to see if you had gotten sick but thankfully you haven't! :) love ya!

In memory of my DD

In memory of my DD
My champion, my heart, and the woman I hope to be like one day.That sexy broad = My Aunt Donna