Last night started out like any other night, except I was so sick and so were the kids. Lily fell asleep in the van, so I went to get her out, but I saw that Brandon had thrown my keys(that has my wallet attached to it) on my seat. Since I always ask (beg) him not to leave the keys in the van he probably figured I would grab them. I was going to but I wanted to hurry and get her room ready so I figured I would grab them on the way in with Lillian. But Brandon had tried to get her out, which resulted in her screaming bloody murder. Still following??
Well, Lily went back to sleep and I put the groceries away, but I didn't even finish and I laid down, forgetting about the keys in the van.
The next morning, I wake up to this:
"Honey, I don't want you to freak out. Everything is OK. Our van is missing."
Lo and behold, someone stole our beautiful toyota sienna that we have only had for a year.
And yes, they had our house keys so they totally could have came in. They didn't, and I'm grateful for that much. Plus, they unknowingly saved their own lives. You see, those drug addicted idiots have nothing on this mama bear, or the 9 iron/butcher knife she sleeps with her hand next to (true story). Given, if they did come in they would be dead, and I would have my van. But it would be such a mess to clean up - Brains splatter everywhere.
Nonetheless, we did have our locks changed this morning. I also canceled all the bank cards, went to the dmv, and explained to the kids about the van (they took it kind of hard, until Brogan went to school and announced it to the kids and got to tell the story about the "bad guys")
Can I just say how cute and trusting my husband is? "...I'm going to drive around. In Provo they just leave it near by." and calling his boss: "Hey, we think our van was probably stolen." and my personal favorite... "hmmm...maybe I just parked it on the street, and I just don't remember." Honestly, he has been such a rock through all of this. Even when, every three to five minutes, I mumble "those bastards" "I could kill them" "I hope they die" etc etc he calms me down.
Also, I am excited to buy a new wallet (an expensive one Brandon. That's right, I deserve it), DVD player, jackets for the kids, 10 CD's and DVD's, a new "new kids on the block" blanket, car seats, library books (yeah...probably can't buy new ones of those so by buy, I mean pay for)and of coarse, lip gloss. All in time for black friday!! Good deals will be had, I'll tell you what.
In other news, my family will be here on Friday, and I'll be picking them up from the airport..in a rental car..
1 comment:
man that SO sucks!!! but on a happier note your blog backround and your title picture are ADORABLE!!! You guys are such a good looking family!
Post a Comment