Welcome to our blog! By our blog, I mean Gina's blog. Gina being me. Gina would like to welcome you to Gina's blog. Oh hell, you know what I mean.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Busy, Busy.

Lately I have been so busy. Not just taking care of kids busy, but running a life busy. When I first had Lily it was stressful but I wasn't all that busy. Now, I have a planner filled with PTA meetings and field trips, phone calls and appointments, exams and essays and everything in between. You may wonder, if in fact I am so busy why I have time to go on my blog or facebook. Truth is, I do this when I sit from pure exhaustion. I'm still trying to go to the gym and go for long walks. I am taking the hardest Bio class in the department, running the school book fair, oh and add to that house work and am I missing anything? oh yeah-- Brogan, Brandon, Lily and Ike..that's who! I don't want them to feel like they're falling through the cracks so I make sure to include them in whatever is going on and spend one on one time with each of them.

Brogan has been in full day kindergarten for a little over a month now and he loves it. There was a little glich the first week (he ran all the way home and his then- teacher didn't even notice he was missing..during school) I now can say he loves it and is flourishing. His new teacher is a wonderful fit and keeps him challenged: he needs to work on coloring. You can hand brogan any book (any! I did this with my bio book) and he could read it. Not just read it, sound out words he doesn't know and understand it. His favorite thing is going to Chinese restaurants and him opening and reading the fortune cookies: "my ability to love will help a child in need....what does ability mean?" The kid's a genius when it comes to reading. Now, coloring, this is something we are working on. LOL! Seriously.. he's the cliche of the right brained person!

On the other hand, Lillian is turning out to be quite the little artist. She is truly talented. A few weeks back Lillian's great grandmother was sick and about to pass away and Lily made her pictures and put them at her bedside, and everyone couldn't believe the pictures came from a three year old! It really helped her connect to Grandma I think and I'm sure she'll always remember that. Lily's in school twice a week for three hours: one is tumbling or dance, and two hours of academic preschool. I am so glad I put her there! She is soaking it all in and loving it. And don't call her Lillian...her name is "Lily LaRue and that's it!"

Yesterday, Brandon's office moved from downtown to West Valley City. It's in a really new area that's nice but not at all the 5 minute drive downtown. All in all it takes 15 minutes, but I think we're just spoiled. I can't believe he's worked as an auditor for over 5 years now. And he's going to kill me for saying this, but I am so proud of his success professionally. He's almost done with his MBA (he has one more class he's waiting to be posted online), he's been a government worker for all this time now, and he is doing really well at his job. Not to mention how wonderful he is to me and the kids when he gets home. We are so lucky.

And Ike..ahh sweet Ike. He has been the best thing to happen to this family since we had the kids..seriously! He adds so much joy to our life. We love him like he's been here forever. He is completely spoiled, but then again so are our children so he fits right in!

Time to go finish studying (but I don't wannnnnnaaaaa!)

No comments:

In memory of my DD

In memory of my DD
My champion, my heart, and the woman I hope to be like one day.That sexy broad = My Aunt Donna