Welcome to our blog! By our blog, I mean Gina's blog. Gina being me. Gina would like to welcome you to Gina's blog. Oh hell, you know what I mean.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Me Then-------> Me Now

I was reading my best friend Katie's blog about the anniversary of her "rebirth" (so in essence I am stealing from you love), and
I realized tonight that it's been seven years.

SEVEN!

Since I moved to Utah from Florida. Holy crap!

I was looking for a picture from that October ('04) but I can't find one. I know there are tons of pictures floating around from my baptism, would love to get my hands on those! Instead this will have to do:

Before

Now that was from our wedding but since it was 9 months later, I reckon I didn't look that different lol.

This is me now:

After

Well, there are obvious differences. Like, where there once was flat there is fat, and I recently found my first wrinkle. I have another tattoo, and "battle scars" also known as stretch marks. And..oh yeah. The inside stuff..

I'm happy. Very, truly, happy. It's the craziest thing. It has taken so long to get here. I don't know when, and I don't know why it's happened, but I am. I have a husband who loves me and takes care of me, who understands me and tries every day his hardest to let me know he loves me. Is it perfect? no. But it's pretty good. And I have the most amazing children anyone could ask for. I'm in school. I have fantastic friends. & I love myself. Yes, I talk a lot and yes, I say stupid things..but I realize I like the way I talk. I like that I'm a hot mess and I'm still learning about the world and my place in it.

It's taken a very long time to get here, but who I am is between me and my God and I don't care what anyone thinks. I don't need negativity in my life anymore. I am only going to surround myself with positivity and light. If this means I have to be careful about the people I let in-- so be it. I've learned too much and have lived through too much to not take care of me.

I am so thankful for that October. I am so glad I made the decision to move to Utah and stay in Utah. I am who I am because of it. Sure, I'm a NY girl, but Utah is where I have a life now. A good one!

1 comment:

The Bahrs said...

I'm thankful for the October too. You are my dearest friend and I'm so glad you never beat me up. LOL! You are beautiful and funny and totally your own person. Love it. Love you.

In memory of my DD

In memory of my DD
My champion, my heart, and the woman I hope to be like one day.That sexy broad = My Aunt Donna