Like every other year it had it's ups and downs. I get stressed with school and house work and my responsibilities. But one thing remains constant, and that's you.
I guess this has been on my mind a lot lately, how good life is with you. How much I love spending time with you. How you've given me the space and love to explore whichever endeavor I'm pursuing at the moment. The way you not only support me but push me to succeed. Not just by tending kids but by asking excitedly how I did on this exam or that. How you brought the kids to visit me at the pride festival even though I know you hate the crowds. The way you rub my back every single night because you know how bad it aches. How you moved us to the city because you knew how bad I wanted to raise our kids there. The way you listen when I need to talk and talk when I need to listen. How home is exactly where you want to be.
How lucky I am to have a man that knows how to wipe a hiney, bake with the kids, and be present. You remind me to have fun and not take everything so seriously. The kids love you more than anything. I love you more than anything. You are the best dad I could have asked for.
It's funny what a difference a couple of years make. I never knew life could be this good. I guess we really have sort of grown up together, me and you and the kids. I love you so much more today then when we first got together. You stole my heart back then and I still feel it every evening when you come through the door. I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment