We had our first appointment with the midwife on Monday. Having a midwife, specifically my midwife, Rebecca, is such a better experience than having a doctor. With an OB you wait 45 minutes and then you get seen for 15 minutes. They hardly know you when they deliver your baby, creating this weird one sided relationship since you hang on their every word and feel like you know and trust them, when really you have no choice because they are all you got. Ok I'm done with that rant for now. Having a midwife is like night and day. She hugs you, plays with your kids and has them help with your labs, has no one else in her office, and spends an hour and a half talking to you. This is all very new to me, but after just one appointment(two if you count getting my IUD out in 2011) I feel like I really know and trust her. The office feels like a friends apartment, with all the medical things hidden away. It's located in a medical plaza of all places. Her office doubles as her own birth center. I plan on birthing there or in my home. I highly recommend her: google great expectations birth center.
Anyway, we heard a heartbeat! I love that sweet sound!:) our due date is still (and officially) Jan 14,2013. We got an ultrasound and were able to see our little shrimp, who according to Rebecca, is working very hard this week growing fingernails!

No comments:
Post a Comment