Welcome to our blog! By our blog, I mean Gina's blog. Gina being me. Gina would like to welcome you to Gina's blog. Oh hell, you know what I mean.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Mia Maids Advisor

..Got my new calling for church today. I am now going to be teaching in Young Womans every week to a classroom full of 14-15 year olds..and by full, I mean four. Being that I joined the church at age 18 & 3/4, I never experienced Young Womans. I am so very excited to be learning and growing along side these girls. I think it will be such a good experience for me, although I'm thinking it will make me miss my little sister that much more. I'll have to go to mutual activities every wednesday night, and Brandon is going to babysit. He is so supportive, and gets a good chuckle out of it. He asked me if I am still going to put my Hilary Clinton sign on the lawn! (No..since shes not getting the nomination!!)

For you non-mo's, our church is divided into three hours : Sacrement Meeting, Sunday School, and Relief Society for ladies, and Preisthood for men. The girls go to young woman's before they go to relief society when they are 18. The boys go to young men's.The kids go to primary, infants go to nursery. Brandon and I served in nursery in our old ward - congregation - in vegas.

The young women get thier medallions, which I guess is kind of similar to girl scout patches. I think! Anyway, since I never got a chance to, I will now. Exciting! I'm nervous about teaching though. I can't imagine having a calling teaching in relief society! and some of these girls are so learned in the gospel, what if i don't know the answer or something... too bad I didn't have Katie Bahr in there to help me. Is it rude to text?

In other news, congrats to Lance Allen, Lori's husband, who is now a doctor!! they have like a plethora of children (six), them allen's. Thats right, lance, bring that doctor bacon home to momma! Good luck in OHIO! :-)

1 comment:

The Bahrs said...

You are going to be a great teacher to the young women! I love love loved serving in the YW. I think a lot of it was because, like you, I didn't really get to be in those classes. Beehives and Mia Maids are the sweetest! They are going to adore you! Take them to get ice cream once after mutual and you will have them eating out of the palm of your hands! :O) PS Even though they are young they make the best friends. They are just SO much fun!

David said he couldn't tell me apart from the other beehives sometimes! Ha ha, I guess it was all the cartwheels around the cultural hall - and don't even get me started on the water fights! Ha ha!

You'll love it! Lucky dog!!!

In memory of my DD

In memory of my DD
My champion, my heart, and the woman I hope to be like one day.That sexy broad = My Aunt Donna