Welcome to our blog! By our blog, I mean Gina's blog. Gina being me. Gina would like to welcome you to Gina's blog. Oh hell, you know what I mean.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Son: THE GENIUS!

I'm telling you my kid is gifted.

I bought brogan these flash cards to work on building his vocab. They have a picture on the back, and on the front the corresponding letter and name of the object. Tonight was the first time I have opened them.

Let me preface this by saying that Brogan has been obsessed with letters for as long as i could remember. I've pointed them out to him, everyone has..but not working on it or daily or anything, and not the same letters over and over again. Let me also add that his favorite show is "word world" on PBS.

ANYWAY

I'm sitting there and hes saying "n", "a", "l"...I thought he was lucky. Well, I thought that for the first 7 (btw, they were out of order, so no, he didn't just memorize). BY 10, I was amazed, By the end of the alphebet, I was B A L L I N G. We mixed them up every which way..he knows each letter!

Brandon took notice, and said that he thought I was just telling Brogan the letters quietly. I had Brogan go by Brandon, and Brogan wowed him. Understatement : we were both floored.

Brogan has been counting to 12 or 13 for a while now, but this is a whole new ballgame. I feel like the world is at Brogan's feet right now when it comes to learning. He may not talk as clearly or as much as other kids, but for him to recognize and know each letter, uppercase and lowercase, is amazing. I am so proud! He has always been advanced physically, and very smart, but it has been frusterating with the whole talking thing ( or lack therof; atleast that we could understand). For him to be able to do this right out of the gate.. wow! Ususally with huge milestones they come little by little or whatever. This is huge, and to come all at once.. its overwhelming!

Also, I have the rest of the pics of my trip and some really cute pics of the kids that I will post ASAP.

:-)

Today is the best mother's day EVER.

1 comment:

The Bahrs said...

WOW! That is awesome! I hope Jett is as smart as Brogan!!! You'll have to fill me in on how to raise a genius. :O)

In memory of my DD

In memory of my DD
My champion, my heart, and the woman I hope to be like one day.That sexy broad = My Aunt Donna