
This would be the Portable something something System also known as P.O.D.S.(um On Demand according the the picture) I'm so excited to have one in my driveway this Friday all thanks to my ole man! Reason Number 5,682 I Heart Brandon.
So we are moving this upcoming weekend and we started looking into how much the truck was, as well as storage for a couple of weeks until we got our house rented and we found a place down in UT. After doing a cute little spreadsheet(learned how to from Brandon)of the costs, I thought I'd just look into a POD. After calling and talking to the POD guy, I was a little discouraged because it was 1,083 and a little more than what we planned on spending.
Then I realized I did the spreadsheet wrong and it was actually less when you factor in the second moving truck we'd have to rent in UT to take our stuff out of storage.
Anyway, Brandon called and negotiated like a CHAMP! He read this book for his MBA and it's actually come in pretty handy:

Nothing sexier to me in the world but thats a little TMI huh? I'm talking about Brandon's skillz not the book. He actually talked them down to $950, and had them throw in a free moving kit with boxes, bubblewrap,and tape.
Now, for $950, we get:
-A pod dropped off friday
-To take our time loading said pod which is 4 inches off the ground so no back breaky for Grandpa Dennis and Brandon
-They will pick it up Monday and drive it down to the storage center in SLC for us
-WHICH MEANS we won't have to attach one of our cars to a truck, have Dennis drive said truck, go slow on the freeway and stay overnight in Burley.
-They will store it for 1 month
-When we find a place to live, they will drop our container off in our drive way.
It is a good deal considering one months storage at a public storage place would have been $150, a truck is about 400, gas is about $150, a hotel room is 80, and another truck rental would probably put us about the same price or more. Plus there is no price on my father in law's back LOL. And I think the best part really is that we get to get in our cars and drive down like any other trip, and we don't have to load and unload stuff 6 times.
Dare I say that this move is going to go pretty smoothly? Hmm.. no. But atleast I'm stuck between a POD and a hard place! Oh that is such a Grandpa Wendell Joke!!!
1 comment:
That's funny that totally is a grandpa joke. I love his jokes! Good luck on you move looks like we'll be moving the same weekend. Too bad it isn't to the same place
Post a Comment