This morning the kids were so picky about breakfast, so as a joke I said, "fruit salad? yummy yummy!"(like the "wiggles") and they totally went for it. I had Brogan cut the banana, I cut the apples, and Lillian put them all in a bowl. Next, we drizzled a little bit of sugar free caramel sauce on it, and it was such a hit!
On another note, Friday was pre-k orientation and today is the open house. I actually feel like crying..this is the beginning! Brogan has been in pre-k at learning centers since he was 18 months. He has gone to a 2 year old class and a three year old class, but this is at a school! It's a brand new school and I must say probably the nicest one I have ever seen. What's more, the Pre-k classroom was beautiful and his teacher seems like a perfect match of fun and learning for Brogan. I know Brogan is ahead for his age (he can already write his name and the alphabet) so I worry that he won't be challenged enough, but after speaking with her I'm sure its a good fit.
Lillian and I were signed up for mommy and me dance in bountiful but they called and said they didn't have enough people so they were canceling the class. Since Lillian will be three in January I asked if she can go to the pre-k combo dance class for 3 year olds even though she's not potty trained yet. So we are going on Wednesday to a trial class. Lillian is so excited. Yesterday she said to Brandon, "We need to go to walmart and get me a lucky leotard" (we had been reading a book from the library called "Lily's Lucky Leotard").
City life is still great. We love it! We save so much in gas, and there is so much to do here for kids. One thing I'm excited about is the classes at the children's museum (four minutes from door to garage)and at the library. This year is going to be a fun one. We love our house and I've been working my tail off keeping it spotless since my landlords were mislead to think I am a neatfreak. lol!
Brandon is finally finishing his MBA! They finally have the classes he needs offered online at NNU. So now we're both in school and it's kind of fun. Sneakily, one of my classes is intro to business management. ;) It helps that Brandon could break things down to me because it's a little like watching paint dry. The other class is English 2010 that has a 18 page research paper, which I'm actually really excited about. I picked the topic of Homebirth after reading the book "Midwives" (I highly recommend it). Since getting my library card I've also read some of the best books I've ever opened: Midwives, Blooms of Darkness, and Water for Elephants. The latter, I just found out, is becoming a movie with R.Patz (bonus!!). I am now tackling "Sophie's Choice" which is about a woman who has to chose which of her children die in nazi germany.
Lastly, my grades for last semester posted, and I got two A's! If only I am as lucky this time. I hope this post doesn't sound too boastful. I hate reading posts like that!
1 comment:
Gina- 2 A's!! That is fabulous!
Post a Comment