This morning I woke up with tears on my pillow. We watched Revolutionary Road last night, and they lived in what I would say Long Island or Connecticut. Well that was my guess anyway. Maybe that is why I had NY on the brain.
In my dream I was on the LIRR (that would be the Long Island railroad to you westerners)passing through all of these places I recognized. They were just passing me by, all of these places from my childhood-- King Kullen (grocery store), The Castle(arcade), Centereach High School, and my Aunt Janet's house upstate with the scary moose heads and stuffed bears everywhere.
Maybe this .dream is symbolic to my life. After all, life is going on back in NY, sweet, amazing NY, while life is here in smelly, boring, Idaho. I know I come off like a jerk; I love my house, and my friends, and alot of things about Boise...Ok Ok, Nampa. Sorry if I offend any Nampons, I will always be greatful to smelly Nampa*** because I met the most amazing people here.. And home is where my Bran is, where my kids are, and we bloom where we are planted. All jokes aside, the funny part is, I'm going to miss Idaho. More on that later.
Anyway, I don't know if many of you know this but I recently (well, a year ago) found my biologshical father via the internet after years of searching.. I actually called a bunch of different people who shared his name in the state of NY, only to find out that he lived in NJ. Who the heck knew that East NY is in Jersey anyway? I can't wait for the day I could meet him again. He's so Puerto Rican and I love it because that is a side of me that I missed out on growing up without him. Given, I got an Italian upbringing, so I really can't complain. =) Things happen for a reason.
Anyway, I digress. I NEED to visit NY in the very near future. Hopefully in the next year or so.
The children have to see where I come from.
Brandon needs to see where I come from.
And I need to remember where I come from.
To make up for my pompas remarks about Idaho, I decided to start a list on things I'll miss and add on to it with each new entry:
1. Downtown Boise. I always feel slightly cooler after I hang out down there.
2. Julia Davis Park and Settler's Park..These two parks are some of the best I've ever seen.
3.WINCO: the best grocery store EVER.
more to come!
***In Nampa's defense, not all of it is smelly. We happen to live upwind from a sugarbeet factory and a meat packing plant. It is only bad certain times of the day and year.
No comments:
Post a Comment