Welcome to our blog! By our blog, I mean Gina's blog. Gina being me. Gina would like to welcome you to Gina's blog. Oh hell, you know what I mean.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Some recipes I just HAVE to share

The last couple of weeks I've been trying out some new recipes. Mostly because I'm getting so sick of chicken, chicken, chicken, and roasts and kielbasa. So my new adventure is into the wonderful world of the other white meat..pork. My girlfriend Courtney brought me over a bacon wrapped pork roll a couple of months ago, and I was hooked. I always wanted to make it but the sage that the recipe calls for just didn't look good at the store, and I try to avoid cooking with dried herbs when I can get the real thing. Anyway, I made it tonight, and it was yummmmy. Basically, you buy Pork tenderloin, or boneless pork loin (cheap!). You cut it and pound it out with a mallet (or hammer) so they are hella thin. Then you spread some crushed garlic on it, a sage leaf, and roll it up tight. then you roll the bacon around it, pulling it and sticking it together so its tight, too and fry them seam side down, turning them constantly. and don't forget to put plenty of oil in that pan so they don't burn. Do it on like medium heat. Take them out, and if they look a little slimy in the center (cut one open) put them in the micro for two minutes. Nothin like a lil pig wrapped pig on game day.

another fun recipe, this one I did on a whim: Zucchini breaded in Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)and garlic salt and fried. so freaking good and the thinner you cut em the better.

and, finally: Pamela's chicken marsala. So easy. Pound out chicken cutlets thin and dredge them in flour, and brown them in oil. Then take them out and add diced shallot, brown them, scrape it all up (you want that yummy flavor) and add a can of mushroom stems and pieces. Also a cup of marsala wine. Let it boil then simmer and add a pinch of flour or cornstarch to thicken. Return the chicken, cover and let it cook on low for about 10 minutes. Serve over angel hair. I made this for some friends and it was awesome. Watch out Dennis (my beloved Father in law) you are gonna eat this when you come up, and you are gonna LOVE it.;-)

On another note, I would like to apologize for how pampas I sound by calling my chikadees geniuses in the last like umteen posts. Well then. I'm a proud momma, what can I say?

Maybe I could switch gears and boast that Brandon Parker, man genius, showed me his grades yesterday..and is actually ahead of most of his class mates, getting 100's on most of his assignments and tests! This after being out of school for 3+ years.

On yet another note, I feel like throwing up because I ate about 15 pig wrapped pigs.

Will post pics soon (I realize thats why all 5 of you come here, not to hear my 2 cents!)

No comments:

In memory of my DD

In memory of my DD
My champion, my heart, and the woman I hope to be like one day.That sexy broad = My Aunt Donna